CP is an elegant WordPress theme born in 2019, designed and developed by Pan Chen.
The main idea of designing CP is cleanness and customizability.
Cleanness means that this theme focuses on the display of words.
Customizability means that users can customize their website without modifying the codes with CP. For example, whether the layout of their website is Full-width or One-column is up to the user.
- Two layouts (Full width / One column) for choices.
- Breadcrumb. Better for SEO.
- Read progress Indicator.
- Social Links that support the most popular social platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Weibo.
- Fixed header.
- Dynamic description or Article title indicator. That is when you are reading one article, you will always see its title in the fixed header.
- Popout panel.
- Six widget areas.
- Multiple languages support. (Now only English and Chinese though)
- Aside format supported.
- Aside Archive (Start writing diaries online now!). Check here.
- Many more……
You can now modify the colors for the following components:
- Primary text color
- Secondary text color
- Link color
- Background color
- Popout Panel (background) color
- Theme color: the color of the address bar in Google Chrome Android and some other mobile browsers.
You can now decide:
- Whether to use Full Width or One Column design.
- Whether to make the header sticky or not. Please note that the progress indicator only works under a sticky header.
- Whether to display breadcrumbs or not.
- Whether to show the author meta.
- Whether to display Aside posts on pages other than Aside Archive or not.
Work to be done
- Enhance the customizability. Now users can only change the layout and colors. But in the future, the customizer should support many more, including, fix the header or not (Mostly Done)……
- Improve some elements (Done Partially).
- Design Archive page (Done).
- Add support for different article formats (Done).
- Make CP Gutenberg Ready
We test CP in the following browsers as we develop it:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- 2019-06-13: Fix the bug that with One Column layout, if no widget is used, there is still a reserved blank area for widgets.
- 2019-06-15: Set the limit for width. Better experience for visitors who are using a large screen.
- 2019-06-22: Improve the comments and the comment form. Redesigned CSS for ‘Strong’, ‘Em’ and ‘a’ elements.
- 2019-08-19: Functionize color customizability.
- 2019-08-22: Aside format supported.
- 2019-08-23: Aside Archive.
- 2019-08-24: Fixed Google Ad not showing in the popout panel.
- 2019-08-24: Fade In and Fade Out effects of popout panel.
This blog is proudly powered by this theme! Everything you see here is what CP looks like on your own website.
Keep improving!Pan Chen, maker of CP
This is a cover.
At this time, you can get CP in the following two ways:
- Buy CP for USD 9.99.
- Help improve CP and use it without any cost. What you need to do is give us feedback while using it.
No matter how you get CP, you can always receive any future update. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to start!